Friday, March 26, 2010

The power of the playlist


I'm going out in a bit, but have some things to take care of before I head out. I fired up my media server, in this case a Kaleidescape because I was really jonsing for some music.

Using the RemoteScape software for my iPhone, i've been loading up on some great tunes.

DjKool (high school memories) Ben Harper (just general awesomeness) The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepp (for my classic rock fix).. you get the idea.

The point is, Kaleidescape gives me this flexibility and the music is totally uncompressed. No MP3, no FLAC, no AAC, none of the compression algorithms everyone knows to say but not what they do. Just straight CD, but more convenient than pulling the discs. Its a win win for someone with a large collection, like me, especially when my brain is pulling me in ten different musical directions.

Granted, the neighbors might hate me right now, but it makes me pretty happy.

Happy listening everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment