Thursday, March 11, 2010

Panasonic gives 3D exclusive to Magnolia

http://bit.ly/dsbIPf

For those of you wanting to read the original article, i've posted it above. I want to cut to the chase...The idea that in 3D's infancy in consumer electronics, Panasonic would give an exclusive to a 3d technology to ANY vendor is absurd, in my opinion. I'm fairly certain this is going to turn out badly for Panasonic in the long run.

The PR train is starting to roll on 3D. As I tweeted before CBS is doing the final four in theaters in 3D, ESPN is planning a channel, there are plenty of cool things happening in this portion of the industry but the sets are barely out in the marketplace. Granting an exclusive to one vendor is not going to make sales take off. This isn't the iPad or the elusive Christmas gift kids need to have this year, this is an emerging technology and we want in the industry want it in as many hands as possible, not a select few. I would understand if Panasonic allowed Magnolia to have their reference line or a specific line, but their entire 3D system.

I don't see the logic. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment